About UVA Inn at Darden
UVA’s Exclusive On-Grounds Hotel and Conference Center
Discover traditional elegance and warm hospitality at the University of Virginia Inn at Darden Conference and Event Center in Charlottesville, VA.
Blending seamlessly with the University of Virginia’s architectural style, our on-grounds property features the same neoclassical elements made famous by our founding father, Thomas Jefferson.
Over the past 25 years, the Inn at Darden has welcomed tens of thousands of professionals and educators. Our unique hotel and conference center has become a hub of intellectual growth and fresh perspectives, as well as a place to exchange ideas with colleagues and peers.
We’re also committed to environmental responsibility. Darden is on track to be a zero waste, carbon neutral enterprise by 2020, and the business school is among the top 10 for teaching sustainability. Scroll down to learn more about our eco-friendly initiatives.
Book your stay today, and experience our tradition of stellar customer service for yourself.
SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES AT DARDEN
- Biodegradable key cards and holders
- Environmentally-friendly amenities: soap, shampoo, conditioner, notepads and pens
- Recycling program for paper, plastic, glass, metal, printer cartridges, batteries and light bulbs
- Energy-efficient lighting
- The Inn at Darden is a Virginia Green Lodging Facility
Food and Beverage
- We host an all-local lunch called the Darden Market each spring and fall
- Reduced packaging and bottled water use for catered events
- Use of corn-based, biodegradable coffee cups
- Recycling fryer oil into biodiesel fuel
- We use up to 60% locally sourced foods during the height of growing season (Suppliers include The Local Food Hub, Double H Farm, Wolf Creek Farm, Everona Dairy, Caromont Farm and Roundabout Farm)
Our sustainability program is a work in progress. We will continue to meet the needs of our guests without compromising those of future generations.